See what you can make with Black GarlicRecipes
About Black Garlic
Black Garlic starts life as premium quality white garlic but, after gentle heating and a little time, its cloves become sweet, dark and jellied . This is achieved through the ageing process only; there are no additives, but Black Garlic has twice the antioxidants of normal garlic, is low in fat, rich in natural sugars and leaves no smell or bad breath.
Black Garlic's sweet taste, with hints of balsamic and undertones of regular garlic, make it the perfect addition to a wide variety of recipes. It instantly brings a new depth of flavour to the dishes you already love, and can also inspire new recipes of its own. Its mellow flavour ensures that it is far more versatile than white garlic, and can even be enjoyed as a snack.
Try it in roasts, pastas, sauces, stir-fries, salads, on pizzas and more.
Visit the Black Garlic recipes page for some inspiration on how to get started with this wonderful ingredient.
Buy Black Garlic online
Black Garlic is now available to buy online. We’ve teamed up with Leathams Ltd to offer our most popular products through their Merchant Gourmet online store.
Visit the Merchant Gourmet shop now and receive free delivery on orders over £25.
For information on where else to buy Black Garlic, click here.
- Top Three Recipes with Black Garlic
- Yotam Ottolenghi and Black Garlic
- Black Garlic recipe in The Times
- Yotam Ottolenghi: Black Garlic is a “Dark Star”
- Linguine with Black Garlic Prawns and Cherry Tomato Sauce
- Black Garlic on Celebrity MasterChef
- Black Garlic, Ginger and Soy Glaze
- Yummy Yorkshire & Black Garlic scoop Gold Award