Tomato and Black Garlic Pasta Sauce
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- 300g tomato passata
- 1/2 an onion or 2 banana shallots finely diced.
- 1 tbsp finely diced celery
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 tspn Black Garlic paste
- 1 veg stock cube
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and place on a roasting tray with a drizzle of olive oil, salt & pepper and the dried herbs sprinkled over.
2. Place in a pre-heated oven at 160 for 30 minutes. This will concentrate the flavour of the tomatoes.
3. In the meantime, pour 1tsp of olive oil into a heated heavy based pan, add the onion and celery and sweat until soft. Season well.
4. Add the passata, tomato puree and Black Garlic paste until gently simmering then add in the stock cube and reduce by around a quarter - don’t let the sauce boil.
5. Remove the tomatoes from the oven, drain and add to the sauce - you can add this liquid to your pasta water!
6. Pour onto your favourite pasta, sprinkle on some fresh herbs and cheese.