Steamed Seabass with Black Garlic
-2 sea bass fillets skin off each
cut into two pieces
- 1 lime cut into 6 wedges
- 1/2 red onion finely sliced
- finely sliced 2cm piece of ginger
- 1 stalk of lemon grass or wedge
- 4 lime leaves or bay
- 4/5 cloves black garlic
- 1 small red chilli cut in half
- 3 stalks of coriander
- Togarashi powder to garnish
1. In a wok or large pan bring 1/2 litre of water to the boil. Add half of all the ingredients except the togarashi powder to the pan and simmer gently for five minutes until an aromatic steam is released.
2. Next, place a bamboo steamer on the pan and line some parchment in the centre leaving space for the steam to enter around the sides.
Arrange the sea bass fillets and remaining ingredients on the parchment cover and steam for 15-20 minutes or until the fillets break apart easily.
3. You can strain the aromatic water for steaming and use for cooking noodles, broccoli, pak choi etc.
4. Arrange the fillets with your chosen accompaniments, sprinkle on the togarashi, coriander and a wedge of lime.