Original Black Garlic Cheese board
Makes 10 Prep time 25 minutes Cook time 15-20 minutes
ORIGINAL BLACK GARLIC CHEESE STRAWS
- 1 block of ready puff pastry
- 1/2 Jar of The Original Black Garlic Paste
- 50g parmesan
- 1 egg whisked
- Paprika/sesame seeds/poppy seeds for topping
1. Pre heat the oven to 180c
2. Grease and flour a large baking tray.
3. On a floured surface roll out the puff pastry block until 2cm thick, using a spoon or spatula spread over the black garlic paste, you don’t have to be neat or precise with this, it only adds to the swirls of garlic.
4. Now fold the pastry in halves the black garlic. Roll out again to 1cm and cut long strips an inch apart until you have 10. Twist the cheese straws until you are happy with the curl in them and place them on the baking tray.
5. Brush on the egg wash and then sprinkle on the parmesan and some of the seeds and paprika.
6. Cook for 15-20 minutes until golden. These can be frozen in advance.
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 25 minutes
ORIGINAL BLACK GARLIC AND ONION CHUTNEY
- 1tsp oil
- 2 onions-peeled and finely sliced
- 3 tbsp of The Original Black Garlic paste
- 2 tbsp of tomato puree
- 1tsp of mixed spice
- Salt and pepper
In a saucepan add the oil and warm a little before adding the onions
and soften them.Now add all the other ingredients and leave to simmer for 20 minutes on a low heat, checking it now and again if its getting a little stick add a splash of water and continue cooking.
It should be jammy and the onions very soft.
Will keep in a jar in the fridge for 2 weeks.