Roasted Carrot, Cumin and
Black Garlic Hummus
Makes one bowl
Time : 30 minutes
- 500g carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2cm thick rounds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp Black Garlic Paste
- Sprinkle of fresh flat leaf parsley, finely sliced
- Flaky sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C / 200°C fan.
2. Place the carrots onto a baking tray. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the cumin and some salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
3. Gently pour 150ml of water onto the tray and place into the oven. (Adding water ensures the carrots will be fully cooked and tender before taking on any colour).
4. Bake for 20-22 minutes, until the carrots are tender. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
5. While the carrots are roasting make the hummus. Place the chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini and half of the Black Garlic paste into a food processor and blitz until smooth and creamy.
6. Add the roasted carrots (reserving several pieces for garnish) and process until smooth. Adjust seasoning to taste.
7. Spread out into a serving bowl. Dot the remaining Black Garlic paste on top and use a skewer or knife to gently swirl it across the surface.
8. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with parsley, flaky sea salt
and dot with the remaining roasted carrots. Serve with seeded crackers or veggie sticks.