The Black Garlic really adds a depth of flavour to this delicious Saté Sauce.
700g chicken breast – skin removed and cut into cubes
For the marinade
- 3 small shallots – peeled
- 1 clove of peeled black garlic
- Half a teaspoon of lemon grass
- 1 tablespoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of smooth peanut butter
For the sauce
- 3 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 6 cloves of peeled black garlic
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Half a teaspoon of lemongrass
- 3 tablespoons of smooth peanut butter
- 4 spring onions
- 200 ml creamed coconut milk/cream (ready made)
- For the marinade – Place all the ingredients (with the exception of the chicken) into a blender. Add the marinade to the chicken, cover and refrigerate over night in a non-metallic bowl.
- To make the Black Garlic Saté Sauce
Place all the ingredients into a blender. Blend together. Put the sauce into a saucepan and heat gently. (If the sauce thickens too much just add a little more coconut milk). Adjust seasoning according to taste.
- To assemble
Thread the cubes of chicken onto skewers. Cook them on the grill or barbecue them. Check the chicken is cooked thoroughly. Serve with the warm Black Garlic Saté Sauce.